Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hitch hiking

Dear Ana G.

Have a nice travel around Europe!
Hitchhiking is far quicker than biking,
it's both a kind of sport.
and after a long time of thinking I
remembered that we have also hitchhiked once,
it was in Greece with a truck
and we even slept the night in the truck,
so Elizabeth found it scary,
she had seen to much American movies,
so she told me and herself to stay awake the whole night,
to keep a watch. After a short time
I heard her snoring in her sleep
and then I tried to be double awake
and of course in the morning we both woke up by the sun
shining into the cabin.

It's really funny that those memories can be awoken
out of a total slumber,
I almost would have told you that I didn't hitchhike.
The trucker did not speak English, so he showed photo's of his three children and wife. We could not say a lot of things back. And with fingers he indicated the ages of them.

You're welcome to visit us.

Greetings Arthur and Elize
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment